General Manager - Panama & Caribbean
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The City General Manager at Uber is an incredibly demanding position, and the right person will be highly skilled, bold, and a leader. As the leader of Uber in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major international cities.
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber a reality. It is important and the qualities and capabilities of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, skilled and highly sought-after professional.
This is first and foremost a role for a strong marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Uber brand to the masses. But as the city lead, you'll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining 'Uber' quality throughout the rider's experience. Rider and Partner support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR -- all of these sit under the GM. The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics.
And it's the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an exciting but challenging job. If you're passionate about being a truly gifted Uber GM, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Oversee deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber's driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Oversee local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Oversee your city's P&L
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Define Uber's strategy in your city and the broader region
- Continue to grow revenues and ridership
What you'll need
- Minimum 8 years of consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an execution oriented attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial bent with a willingness to be bold
Back to top