General Manager - Marketplace
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are looking for a General Manager - Marketplace to spearhead our regional design for rider and driver product experience, marketplace efficiency, service quality, safety and fraud prevention. In this senior leadership role you will develop a team that works closely with our various city teams, helping drive faster growth and more efficiency through running centralized processes, designing and launching experiments and innovating. You will also work closely with stakeholders in other regions and HQ. This role reports directly to the Head of Regional Operations.
You'll come with a record of developing teams and systems tied closely to the bottom line results of the organization, ideally with experience discovering and designing processes for scale.
What you'll do
- Develop and lead an operations organization across Latin America to enable Uber to scale through high impact programs executed both centrally and localized where appropriate
- Work closely with the Head of Regional Operations and city General Managers, helping define region goals and strategies to achieve them
- Monitor and improve product feature experience for riders and drivers in Latin America, and execute centralized processes and overall strategy for quality, safety, marketplace efficiency and fraud using data-driven analytics, creative campaigns, and extensive email and digital marketing programs
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear targets for regional strategy
What you'll need
- At least 8 years of deep, hands-on work and oversight of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management
- Excellent business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a plan to pursue them
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- Tenacious and motivational leadership driven by personal impact with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
- MBA preferred. Experience in consulting, investment banking and/or technology a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top