General Manager - Marketplace
We are looking for a General Manager – Marketplace to spearhead our regional strategy for rider and driver product experience, marketplace efficiency, service quality, safety and fraud prevention. In this senior leadership role you will manage a team that works closely with our various city teams, helping drive faster growth and more efficiency through running centralized processes, designing and launching experiments and innovating. You will also work closely with stakeholders in other regions and HQ. This role reports directly to the Head of Regional Operations.
You’ll come with a track record of building teams and systems tied directly to the bottom line results of the organization, ideally with experience discovering and designing processes for scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build out and directly lead an operations organization across Latin America to enable Uber to scale through high impact programs executed both centrally and localized where appropriate
- Work closely with the Head of Regional Operations and city General Managers, helping define region goals and strategies to achieve them
- Monitor and improve product feature experience for riders and drivers in Latin America, and execute centralized processes and overall strategy for quality, safety, marketplace efficiency and fraud using data-driven analytics, creative campaigns, and robust email and digital marketing programs
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear objectives for regional strategy
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
MBA from top university preferred. Experience in consulting, investment banking and/or technology a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top