General Manager - Georgia
Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As a GM, you are responsible for operational excellence, extending the Uber brand locally and developing the next generation of Uber talent. Working cross functionally with our central marketing, policy and communication teams will be crucial to your success in this role. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. It's the cross of the analytical with the creative problem solving that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you're potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead a core operations team in Georgia
- Work closely with the Southeast subregional leadership team to drive the strategy for the entire subregion
- Set the cultural tone of the Atlanta office for the operations team
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g., Central Ops, S&P, Marketing, Public Affairs, People Ops, CommOps, Greenlight, Legal/Regulatory, Finance) in order to successfully drive the long-term growth of Georgia
- Develop the next generation of leaders at Uber
- 7+ years of large team management experience with a proven track record of managing managers
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strong people management skills - you can set the tone for your team; driving towards results while also being empathetic to their challenges - EQ is a must-have
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get shit done attitude
- Stellar networking and communication skills; you can make smart partnerships happen and inspire the people around you, in person and in the press
- Entrepreneurial DNA
- Employees are given Uber rides each month
- Competitive benefits including equity, healthcare, and 401(k)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top