The General Manager is by far the most demanding position Uber has to offer; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of Uber in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major cities globally.
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber a reality. It’s a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional. Sound like you?
As a GM, you are responsible for owning a market, operational excellence, rider and driver experience, and extending the Uber brand to the masses through cross collaboration amongst teams at Uber. Local marketing, supply chain management, political engagement, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
And it’s the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you’re potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the team in growing revenue and ridership
- Coach and scale our large and ever-growing team of marketers and operations specialists
- Manage the market P&L
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber’s driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 7+ years of general management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get shit done attitude
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fearlessness of a honey-badger
- MBA strongly preferred
- Executive opportunity with a large team and a large market; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare chance to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top