Fullstack Software Engineer - UberEverything (NYC)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
UberEverything will collapse the time and distance between everyone and everything they want. Right now, our office is focusing on delivering food, both for UberEats and large companies, in cities around the world. As the team grows, we will be working to grow the next generation of Uber's logistics platform. Define Uber's future by building it with us.
While Uber might be an established company with a well know brand, our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here by, working on a small team and being on the ground floor of something big.
What you'll need
- The ability to learn quickly. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Action orientation. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You thrive on the belief that quality doesn't have to be compromised to achieve speed-you can have both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Excellent architecture skills. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you're confident it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player mindset. You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of riders, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top