Full Time Internship - Tokyo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in APAC with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found excellent product market fit with a world changing service, but we're only just getting started.
What you'll do
- Sales / Partner Sourcing: Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to get the city's best partners interested in Uber. You'll spend a good portion of each day reaching out to partners over the phone and via email, being the face of our brand to partners.
- Negotiation and Deal Making: Assist in contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a meaningful working relationship with our partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, etc. in such a way that they promote, rather than act as a bottleneck on, growth.
- Seize Opportunities: Take ownership of Uber growth in Tokyo, follow through with jobs delight users and partners - we take NPS seriously!
Who you are
- You are resolute, passionate, and resourceful. You fight for the things you believe in.
- You are highly empathetic and genuinely seek to understand and add value to your customers.
- You love people and champion the customer. You seek out situations that benefit both parties whenever possible.
What you'll need
- Deep Passion for Uber
- Some experience in operations / sales / client-facing management is a plus (internships included)
- Students who are currently in university level education are welcome to apply
- A customer service orientation and natural ability to cultivate broad and deep relationships
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Excellent Japanese
- Bonus Skills and Attributes: Salesforce admin experience, proficiency in another language, Excel and Google Apps skills.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we regularly engage
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top