Full Stack Engineer (Business Platform)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
As a full-stack engineers you build and own critical features and components end to end to enable Uber's business around the globe.
What you'll d
Write code for building platforms distributed services & web applications used by thousands of Operations & Engineers
What you'll need
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Software design and data modelling: understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Distributed Systems design and implementation: understanding of communication paradigms, client/server architecture, scaling, design trade-offs, peer to peer systems, synchronization, data replication and consistency models
- Database design and architecture: data modeling and NoSQL database concepts
- Understanding of messaging and data pipeline technologies: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Understanding of testing environments
About the Team
The Business Platform teams operates at the critical intersection of product and infrastructure, building technology to accelerate the fastest-growing company in history. As a member of the Business Platform team, you will be responsible for developing core platforms, distributed services, customer insights powered by data mining & ML techniques to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our products and operations. These core platforms serve as the essential backbone to fuel the most dynamic and fastest growing startup in the world, Uber. If you are passionate about designing and building extremely reliable, highly scalable, and performant multi-tenant services that never fail, this is right group for you.
The Customer Connections team within Business Platform is building platform & services to provide Uber Integrated and personalized CRM experience that enables sales team to proactively engage with partners and customers across their full life cycle. Our flagship product, uConnect, supported by machine learning technologies is powering the sales experience and is leveraged by thousands of agents to bring in new customers to Uber.
Business Process Automation Platform:
The Business Process Automation Platform is building platform & services to automate the key business processes at Uber. Its flagship product, Autobots, is an unified platform to run critical business processes at Uber, including driver/rider communications, engagement and quality control, with easy authoring and comprehensive insights across entire Uber. It executes tens of thousands processes, processes tens of thousands events per seconds and affects tens of millions of users per day.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top