Full Stack Developer
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber's financial engineering team is making Uber's finance operation world class. Improving operational efficiency through marketplace intelligent, optimized budget allocation, and just-in-time market adaptation, supported by machine learning technologies and mass optimization into financial planning process.
Financial engineering will provide systems and services that improve the efficiency, accuracy of each phase of the finance operational flow in order to have fast response to the changing market condition, and assist leadership to make strategic decision supported by accurate forecast and operational intelligence.
What you'll do
- We are looking for skilled full stack engineers with a passion for creating distributed software to extend our analytics tools and shared visualization components. Data is core to Uber's daily operations and insights derived from this data enables our incredible growth. This is a new team, so you will help define, from the beginning, how Uber visualizes its data.
- As a full stack engineer, you will work closely with other teams to develop tools specific to their needs. From database schema design decisions to backend services to tweaking CSS, you will have a hand in all levels of the software stack.
What you'll need
- Atleast 4 years of experience.
- The ability to work in-depth, but appreciate the opportunity to explore widely: distributed micro services, responsive user interfaces, data, calculation engines, and infrastructures
- Experience or interest in real--time data. You'll be responsible for surfacing high speed, up -to-the- second insights to users around the world.
- Passion for data visualization and endless curiosity with data. You ideally have a portfolio of projects you are proud of.
- Resilient architecture and coding skills. You won't be developing one--off visualizations, but scalable applications for production use.
- Knowledge of backend technology like Java or GoLang
- Experience creating calculation engines are a huge plus
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered breakfast and lunch, free snacks.
- Gym and mobile phone reimbursement
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top