Frontend Software Engineer - Privacy (Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber's Engineering Security team works to ensure the security of our users' private and personal information.
We are seeking experienced and passionate software engineers with product intuition to join our Privacy Engineering effort in San Francisco, focusing on building the user-facing features and services that give our users choice around their data, build trust, advance data privacy, and enable our business.
What you'll do
As an engineer on our team, you'll have a direct impact on the privacy experience for our users. Your work will help Uber maintain and grow user trust as we deliver features that allow them to control their account, enable/disable features, and make informed choices about their data. You will build software solutions to address real world privacy concerns. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to design and build city-scale systems based on research and data.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
What you'll need
- Web Technologies skills. You're excited to work in a modern front-end stack, and have experience with Node.js, ES6, React, Redux, or similar technologies such as Angular or Backbone. You're energized by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Ability to learn on the go. You flourish with new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You can adapt to meet the needs of our massive scale, growth, and evolving business environment.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the API and service layers, you understand how all the pieces fit together (frontend, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application at scale.
- Architecture skills. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's well implemented and tested. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team; that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business sense. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details results in a delightful user experience.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top