Front-End Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform
We are looking for exceptional engineers to build the next-generation scalable machine learning platform for Uber. Our mission is to enable teams across Uber to build and deploy machine learning solutions at scale. You will work closely with a stellar team of engineers and data scientists, and have a profound impact on our march towards Uber’s vision of data-driven, real-time marketplace.
WHY JOIN US?
- Data is central to Uber’s mission. We move fast and power Uber’s business today, while building robust platforms for the products of tomorrow.
- High-impact opportunity to build products empowering teams across the company to quickly leverage advanced machine learning techniques for a variety of problems ranging from churn, fraud and safety, to pricing, routing, and arrival time.
- Sharp, motivated fellow engineers in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- We love challenging problems, and take pride in crafting elegant, reliable code while moving fast.
- We’re not just another social web app. We’re moving real people and things, and reinventing transportation and logistics all over the world.
Does this sound like fun to you? Are you a proven team player, smart at execution, who loves data and machine learning? Then let’s talk.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong sense of web UX, with experience building intuitive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- Solid front-end architecture and coding skills, and experience in building reusable components that fit together into scalable production applications.
- Interest in data pipelines, APIs and query languages. You’ll have a voice in how data is processed, transformed and exposed to front-end consumers.
- A motivated, self-starter who likes to own what you’re working on, who is comfortable driving development from a sketch of an idea to a polished product.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Generous equity in the fastest growing company ever
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top