Frontend Software Engineer - Identity and Access Management
Uber Engineering is a highperformance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for senior engineers (6+ years experience) with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
Additionally, working within Uber’s Engineering Security organization, you will build software solutions to address the real world security concerns of our users and business. We our products secure while delivering impeccable user experience at increasing scale. This includes developing groundbreaking login experiences for users, scalable systems that detect anomaly and abuse immediately, systems for managing sensitive data and secrets, and common services like authentication, authorization and encryption.
Our Front End Software Engineers build tools and web experiences that empower Uber’s core web properties which include Uber.com, portals for our millions of riders and drivers, and business tools that manage our services worldwide. These web properties must not only scale to support millions of unique visitors a month from every continent on the planet, they must also handle rapid change and experimentation in a sustainable fashion.
and your ability to work closely with designers will bring the best experiences possible without being hindered by legacy browsers.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
● Web Technologies. You’ve built side projects or professionally utilize the latest stacks and libraries such as Node.js, React, Angular, Rails, LESS, SASS, CoffeeScript, etc.
● You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the frontend and backend.
● Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You’ve shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You’re willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
● You also need experience collaborating on software projects. Cowboy coding is fun, but you have to prove that you can work efficiently as part of a team.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
● A github account with some cool projects in it
● Scary amazing debugging skills
● Employees are given Uber credits every month.
● The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
● Sharp, motivated coworkers in a fun office environment.
● 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
● Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
● Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top