Front End Software Engineer - Driver (Seattle)
The Driver team at Uber is one of the fastest growing, most critical teams focused on growing the number of partners in Uber’s two-sided marketplace. Our goal is to build tools and products that are satisfy the needs of markets around the world, for Uber to onboard hundreds of thousands of drivers every month and to support millions of active users.
As a Front End engineer you will make an impact in the real world using cutting edge technology. You will work in small, multi-disciplinary teams, releasing code to people as fast as possible.
- Web Technologies: Experience building products using web technologies. Good understanding of core web technologies such as HTML, CSS, HTTP, cookies, headers. Experience with Node.js, React plus.
- Passion for user experience: Your ability to work closely with designers and build products and services that bring best experiences to driver-partners, and city teams in many markets.
- Fast learner: Willingness to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a fast-paced environment. You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top