Front End Software Engineer - Driver Onboarding (Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Driver Growth team at Uber is one of the fastest growing, most critical teams working on growing the number of partners in Uber's two-sided marketplace. Our goal is to help our driver-partners across the world join the Uber platform efficiently and at scale, and create tools and products that help them improve their earnings and ultimately drive long-term growth and loyalty.
Our team develops the engine that powers hundreds of thousands signups every month, works on creative product solutions to drive engagement and delight, leverages social elements to cultivate an excellent partner network and above all, make driving with Uber a fun and fulfilling experience.
What you'll need
- Web Technologies. You've built side projects or professionally utilize the latest stacks and libraries such as Node.js, React, Angular, Rails, LESS, SASS, CoffeeScript, etc. You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to make mistakes along the way because you learn from them.
- Make teams better. You're excited to lead a team to the finish line or work hard on new opportunities. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top