Front End Engineer - Observability
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the team
The Observability Applications team is part of the Observability group within Uber Infrastructure. We are charged with measuring and monitoring every mission-critical service at Uber. Our team works with the rest of the Observability group to build the applications that our engineers across Uber use to ensure that their services are running properly.
What you'll do
The Observability applications team works on a few full stack applications for monitoring, alerting and generally making sense of the thousands of services that run at Uber.
As part of our team you'll focus primarily on the front-end of these applications along with a few other front-end engineers. Some of the work you'd be involved in includes:
- Building an open-source platform for dashboarding system-critical data from a variety of sources.
- Prototyping new features to make the lives our engineers at Uber easier.
- Putting the new features that work into production and ditching the ones that don't.
You'll generally help build out some of our existing tools, as well as craft new ones. We aspire to make most of our work open source, and prefer like minded team members who understand the balance of building software for use inside of Uber that also has a path for external use via open source.
Who you are
Generally, you'll do well on our team and enjoy the kind of projects we work on if you:
- Enjoy digging into how we can help make Uber's systems more understandable for engineers.
- Understand the full web technology stack, e.g. HTML, CSS, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching
- Have experience working with visualization frameworks such as D3
- Have experience building awesome visualization tools
- Have some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from front-end to backend
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top