Freight Operations Coordinator - University New Grad
Uber Freight is a team of the sharpest minds in technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. At the heart of Uber Freight’s vision is the belief that technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future. We are looking for candidates with infectious enthusiasm and that love to tackle the hard problems.
As a member of the Uber Freight team, you will be responsible for bringing on new partners into the Uber Freight network, including shippers and transportation providers. You will own the execution and growth of our network. New hires are expected to learn the business from top to bottom and own their success from day one.
This majority of our opportunities are located in Chicago, IL with smaller amount located in San Francisco, CA.
- Solicit and bring new shippers and transportation partners onto the platform
- Actively manage the quality of our transportation partner base
- Ensure that all freight is moved on-time and at the best cost
- Obsess over the service needs of our customers and transportation partners
- Develop and maintain process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight movement
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- High energy and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of shippers, transportation partners, and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things Íquickly, and we need to do them well
- Candidates must not require authorization to work in the United States
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly reimbursement of cell phone and gym membership.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top