Forecasting Business Analyst
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Are you passionate about high-growth startups and do you have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn raw data into meaningful business information? Then let's talk.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
Accurately projecting our support needs to meet response time targets is a critical enabler to delivering a world-class support experience. The Forecasting Business Analyst will work within the CommOps Strategy & Planning team to build accurate support forecasts by leveraging vast pools of data and collecting insights across teams.
Who You Are:
- Superpumped. You are passionate about Uber and our mission, passionate about solutions, and love getting into the weeds on any and all issues.
- Data-driven and analytical. We run our business on facts and data. You are intellectually inquisitive and are capable and down to dive both a mile deep and wide when needed. Understanding queue theory is a plus.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You have the ability to self-serve, get the data and tell the story.
- Action-oriented. You have a strong bias for action, and can effectively balance the tension between swift execution, high quality work product, and long-term strategic thinking.
- Hustle. You are scrappy and have the ability to meet goals with limited time and resources.
- Excellent Communicator. You can distill complicated information into easy, understandable summaries to help keep our stakeholders in the loop and informed.
What You'll Do:
- Develop processes and build infrastructure for forecasting support needs accurately. This could be a range of tasks, such as reviewing trip growth and connecting with our data science teams to become smarter in how we forecast.
- Introduce new breakthrough approaches to forecasting and modeling to forecasting: time series, seasonality, product launches, users' behaviors, machine learning.
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level and regional, operations managers.
- Perform modifications and enhancements on existing reports based on evolving business requirements.
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team in Amsterdam and across EMEA to get to the root cause of forecasting deviations.
Additional Experience and Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus.
- Experience in working with Google Sheets/Excel.
- 3+ years of working in investment banking, consulting, analytical or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience is a plus.
- Strong customer-centric focus with demonstrated success in problem solving, teamwork, adaptability, planning, decision making, and data analysis.
- Self-starter attitude is a must!
- SQL experience is preferred.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top