You are passionate about using technology to solve big business problems. You are hungry to make a difference. You have created software that can scale and manage complex interchange of data and compute between multiple geographical locations. You like creating software that is robust to various kinds of network, system and state failures, without compromising the data and business applications that use it. You love tuning your software and porting existing software to different architectures. You have also worked with open source build/release/test toolchains and are comfortable with multiple languages. You like to optimize your software to run with extremely light footprint, on mission critical systems, without compromising the core functionality of the systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Enhance the products in FinTech portfolio and provide superior support of your products
- In addition to building products, we also buy and implement 3rd party software (both cloud and on-premise solutions such as Coupa, Oracle, Expensify, Origami RMIS, etc) in order to meet our business needs. You will develop integrations between these products as part of the implementation
- Work directly with US and International finance business users in Amsterdam and Singapore to provide superior day-to-day application support
- Partner with our business users and troubleshoot simple to complex application issues and develop creative solutions as needed
- The products we build in finance directly impact Uber drivers, riders and employees. You’ll have a tremendous opportunity to help us solve the many challenges we have in meeting our goal – Transportation as reliable as running water, everywhere, for everyone.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor or Masters degree from a top tier program strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in implementation, development, process re-engineering and support of any of the business systems such as Oracle, Netsuite, Workday financials, or something similar. Alternately, a master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology if you don’t have the experience
- Depth in one or more domains such as Finance, Payments, Accounting, Procurement, or similar domains
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Proven history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT, Subversion, CVS
- Adaptability to new technologies, fast learner
- Employees are given Uber credits every month! (Along with reduced pricing overall.)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated through your day with full kitchens, catered lunches and dinners, ice cream in the freezers, and surprising things on tap such as iced coffee and kombucha.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs. (Anthem options and Kaiser in California.)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits accounts.
- Paternity and maternity Leave; 1 week paid jury duty.
- Catered lunches, dinners, and full kitchen for breakfast.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it. Nine paid company holidays.
We’re making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. We need your brains and passion to make that vision a reality!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top