Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job:
You are passionate about using technology to solve big business problems. You are hungry to make a difference. You have created software that can scale and handle complex interchange of data and compute between multiple geographical locations. You like creating software that is robust to various kinds of network, system and state failures, without compromising the data and business applications that use it. You love tuning your software and porting existing software to different architectures. You have also worked with open source build/release/test toolchains and are familiar with multiple languages. You like to optimize your software to run with extremely light footprint, on high-demand systems, without compromising the core functionality of the systems.
What you'll do:
- Enhance the products in FinTech portfolio and provide extraordinary support of your products
- In addition to building products, we also buy and implement 3rd party software (both cloud and on-premise solutions such as Coupa, Oracle, Expensify, Origami RMIS, etc) in order to meet our business needs. You will develop integrations between these products as part of the implementation
- Work directly with US and International finance business users in Amsterdam and Singapore to provide extraordinary day-to-day application support
- Partner with our business users and troubleshoot simple to complex application issues and develop creative solutions as needed
- The products we build in finance directly impact Uber drivers, riders and employees. You'll have a tremendous opportunity to help us solve the many challenges we have in meeting our goal - Transportation as reliable as running water, everywhere, for everyone.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor or Masters degree from a premier program strongly preferred
- 4 years of experience in implementation, development, process re-engineering and support of any of the business systems such as Oracle, Netsuite, Workday financials, or something similar. Alternately, a master's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology if you don't have the experience
- Depth in one or more domains such as Finance, Payments, Accounting, Procurement, or similar domains
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to handle complex process and technology issues
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Shown history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT, Subversion, CVS
- Adaptability to new technologies, fast learner
- Employees are given free & discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top