FinTech Application Development Manager for Uber
Uber Finance Technology (fintech) builds products for Payments, Tax, Accounting, FP and A, Finance Operations, Treasury, Insurance. We solve complex challenges associated with the below:
- A reliable payment platform supporting global growth
- Insurance and statutory requirements for trips world-wide
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting to manage and propel our growth
- Global finance operations
- Accounting for every trip, Accurate and on-time P and L
We build products that has an impact on every trip, every driver, rider and employee. This presents a unique opportunity to do some meaningful work and have a direct impact on our growth. If this sounds interesting to you, let’s talk!
As a member of the fintech management team, you’ll be instrumental in hiring and mentoring the engineers who work on finance business applications.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Engineering excellence. You have at least 5 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you’ve built insanely scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, HTTP protocol, cloud and on-premise business applications, integrations
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Superior teaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Commitment. Cities never sleep, and neither does Uber. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope.
- Hiring prowess. You’re a strong interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Design and business vision. You help your team understand requirements beyond the written word. Even in the absence of a PM or a designer, you show great attention to the design and product aspect of anything your team ships.
- You can write some serious code! Java, SQL, Python, HTML are things we frequently use. At your core, you are a builder beyond being an excellent manager. Our developers are constantly embracing newer technologies and build products within weeks and you should have the ability to scale to such demands.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month! (Along with reduced pricing overall.)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated through your day with full kitchens, catered lunches and dinners, ice cream in the freezers, and surprising things on tap such as iced coffee and kombucha.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs. (Anthem options and Kaiser in California.)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits accounts (parking/transit).
- Paternity and maternity Leave; 1 week paid jury duty.
- Catered lunches, dinners, and full kitchen for breakfast.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it. Nine paid company holidays.
We’re making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. We need your brains and passion to make that vision a reality!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top