Financial Operations Accountant
Uber, headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, is a game-changing technology company in its startup phase. We aim to alter the transportation space by allowing users to obtain on-demand private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go. Uber is looking to add an Finance Operations Accountant to help our growing team in Mexico! You will report to the Finance Operations Manager and will help ensure that all AP/AR recons and month end AP activities are done accurately and completely. Organization is key in this ever-evolving environment and you’ll need solid quantitative skills and an eye for discrepancies. Ideal candidate always asks the question “how can we be more efficient?”
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for Procure to Pay processing: Invoice & payment processing, Master Data Management, Travel & Expense processing and reconciliations
- Support the Finops manager in ensuring appropriate operations accounting entries are performed on daily/monthly and yearly basis.
- Perform accounting tasks, including preparing and loading journal entries, and reconciling balance sheets accounts under Finops responsibilities.
- Reconcile AP accounts to the GL and resolve AP debits with outstanding vendors
- Reconcile credit card balances against historical data
- Monitor and reconcile AP aging
- Help with yearly audit
- Lead in building documentation and workflow instruction
- Maintain accurate AP records and files to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Contribute to invoice posting & payment runs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/finance/Business Administration with 5+ years in Accounting & Finance.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an environment of high growth and continual change
- Highly proficient in Excel with ability in data modelling & visual basics
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Strong ability to communicate with internal and external customers regarding all FinOps (AP, AR, Travel & expenses) matters
- Hustle – desire to take on ad hoc projects with an “all hands on deck” mentality
- Good grasp of GAAP accounting principles
- Oracle R12 experience is preferred
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top