Financial Analyst, Insurance
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Be part of the engine that drives the financial administration of Uber's global insurance programs.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Support the financial administration of Uber's rapidly growing and unique insurance operations across the world
- Work with insurance accounting team to properly document and allocate finely-segmented insurance costs
- Manage the timely reconciliation and payment of insurance invoices
- Build and maintain processes to communicate insurance costs to internal stakeholders including, but not limited to, Regional Risk Managers, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Accounting
- Provide internal financial reporting and projections to allow informed business decisions
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 1 year of property and casualty insurance experience
- BA/BS in Economics, Finance, or similar
- Understanding of insurance transactions and accounting
- Desire to identify, build, and maintain scalable processes
- Excellent excel skills, proficient with SQL
- Great communication skills, organized, able to multitask and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Drive to learn complex topics
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
About the Team
The Safety and Insurance Team works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them.
Back to top