Finance Associate - Singapore
Uber is a technology company. We make a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service to take them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, in over 70 major cities around the world — at the push of a button
On another level, Uber is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dynamic, engaged individual to fill the role of Finance Specialist for our vehicle solutions business. Aside from the basics of accounting and controls, the role encompasses a large business development and strategic planning component to support the continued expansion of our business as we expand the fleet and venture into new businesses along the value chain. Strong analytical skills, capability to build business-enabling controls, and stakeholder management are essential.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build up controls that tightens up spend functions in the organisation, while ensuring that the business is enabled to expand
- Strategic review of existing balance sheet, P&L, cash flow and returns on assets, and determine strategic opportunities to leverage more out of the assets
- Stakeholder management with strategic finance, accounting, payments, and treasury teams
- Management and mentoring of the existing accounts/admin team
- Manage the financial analysis of ongoing business operations and key performance indicators
- Monitoring compliance with external and internal regulations and policies
- Develop and maintain strong business relations with all suppliers & partners
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in a strategic finance, management consultancy, audit, or banking
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Strong bias for action, great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing for clarity and results
- Grit. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- True passion for Uber’s mission for vehicle solutions, and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature
- A raw excitement to scale a business and learn
- Prior experience in debt or other forms of fundraising is a bonus
- Enjoy lots of free Uber Rides each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation days – take a break cause you deserve it
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top