Fin ops Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
A Finops Manager will be hands-on, detail-oriented based out of our delivery center in Hyderabad, India. In this role Accounting Manager will have an impact on the way the accounting team is built, processes are implemented and the business expands globally.
What You'll Do
- Manage the Outsourced accounting team in India in their day-to-day activities
- Be the liaison with the US/International accounting team
- Manage and be accountable for the month-end close for various General Ledger functions; including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and close reporting package that falls under the scope of the outsourced accounting team
- Ensure SLA and KPI established are being met and find opportunities to outsource activities or processes to our third party service provider
- Work with the Accounting GPO to review existing processes, structures, and systems in order to simplify and standardise
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA/CA or equivalent
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or a high tech organization.
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
Bonus Points If
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP.
- International accounting experience.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top