Fin ops Accounting Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about high-growth startups and have very strong accounting skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker and executor? If you answered yes to the above questions let's talk!
Uber is growing like crazy and we are committed to working with only the best of the best! Our FinOps Operations team is looking to add a hands-on, detail-oriented accounting Manager to our delivery center in Hyderabad, India.
In this challenging role you will have an impact on the way the accounting team is built, processes are implemented and the business expands globally.
- Manage the Outsourced accounting team in India in their day-to-day activities
- Be the liaison with the US/International accounting team.
- Manage and be accountable for the month-end close for various General Ledger functions; including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and close reporting package that falls under the scope of the outsourced accounting team.
- Ensure SLA and KPI established are being met and find opportunities to outsource activities or processes to our third party service provider.
- Work with the Accounting GPO to review existing processes, structures, and systems in order to simplify and standardise
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or a high tech organization.
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements.
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors.
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred.
- International accounting experience is a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top