Facilities Site Lead, Netherlands
Uber is looking to add a Facilities Site Lead for The Netherlands to our team!
This role will manage the daily operations of our offices in The Netherlands, with an emphasis of our Amsterdam HQ. You will manage all our facilities management functions, as well as some small to medium sized office improvement projects. We care for our employees, our partners and our visitors, and this needs to be communicated through best-in-class facility services. We take a lot of pride in what we do. You will work in close collaboration with the Places leadership and have an opportunity to make a difference in how we run our offices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee all sites in assigned portfolio
- Manage all facilities staff and vendors at assigned sites
- Manage preventive and emergency maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment
- Ensure all site documentation is in place, including O&M, floor plans, and playbooks
- Manage food program, including vendor management, budgeting, and kitchen equipment maintenance
- Oversee the cleaning and maintenance of facility
- Responsibility for annual operating budgets
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections and audits
- Collaborate with the global Environmental Health and Safety team to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- In conjunction with Space Planning team, manage seating and space planning within facility to create maximum efficiency
- Along with the Build team, coordinate office moves, the setup of new offices, and re-shuffling of existing offices
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency
- Initiate and manage RFPs from vendors and suppliers as needed
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost savings
- Calculate and compare costs for good and services against industry averages (benchmarking) to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships, ensuring delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met
- Confirm accuracy of vendor invoices, and ensure landlords and vendors are paid on time
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Respond to emergencies, facility equipment alarms and system failures through a robust emergency escalation plan
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
- Collaborate with global security team to ensure security standards are met
- Collaborate with corporate IT teams to ensure office needs are being met
- Ensure workstations, security badges, and other tools are set up for new hires
- Manage small to medium sized office improvement projects with the support of the Build team
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ Years facilities management experience, in an international environment
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to autonomously create regular reports
- A service oriented, hands-on leader with a strong vision on the future of facilities management services
- Leadership and people management skills, internal as well as vendor and partner
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in helping
- A passion for Uber!
- Always Be Hustlin'
- Be customer obsessed
- Be #SUPERPUMPED
PERKS and NOTES
- Uber credits.
- Ground floor opportunity to make a difference.
- We're not just another social web app: we're moving real assets and real people around their cities.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top