Facilities Site Lead - Egypt
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 500+ cities worldwide, including over 100+ cities in EMEA with plans to further expand in the region.
Uber's Facilities Site Leads (FSL) drive all aspects of day to day operations in office in their country / center. Reporting to the EMEA Regional Operations Manager, this position is highly visible and requires interfacing with all levels of the organization with a focus on Operational Effectiveness and Support for our broader Real Estate and Construction projects. You are expected to demonstrate the ability to add value by driving out costs and reducing cycle times while providing excellent customer service to all business units.
Over time, there is also the opportunity to grow this position into a role that manages local construction programs.
What you'll do
- Partner with the local business leadership in Egypt and regional Workplace teams to enable short and long term planning for daily operations
- Implement and maintain corporate tools, processes and procedures for accurate occupancy and cost tracking
- Manage the Facilities' Daily Operations expense budget for your region
- Assure all programs are being implemented effectively and efficiently including; repair and maintenance schedules and quality of life programs.
- Communicate with other Site Leads of the region to ensure operations meet local, regional and global needs.
- Align Operations and Services with global standards and customize as needed.
- Keep fully up to date with all future and modern specialist building service activities, best in class provision, process and products that will provide continuous improvement to the working environment.
- Participate in the Workplace process for planning, real estate, project management and facilities operations (our FIND.BUILD.RUN. process).
- Ensure cultural values are exemplified in the workplace through all parts of daily activity.
- Manage all regional Facilities vendor contracts, RFPs and selections., including onsite staff and meal programs.
- Work alongside the Global Safety/Security Manager to ensure that all facilities are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Manage the database for all seating charts and building plans for your region.
- General administrative activities, personnel management, Workspace Management across multiple locations.
- Conflict resolution and managing expectations/employee perceptions.
- Timelines and commitment with emphasis on reliability, quality and service.
- 100% uptime target on maintenance of critical equipment's of UPS, AC & Power supply.
What you need to know / have
- 5+ Years of experience in managing Facilities related process across multiple cities / large sites in Cairo
- Ability to manage multiple employees in the performance of their duties.
- Experience in negotiating various facilities contracts
- Monthly Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you helped build. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top