Facilities Financial Analyst - Places
This role is responsible for financial analysis for the Places team. A key focus is our operational functions and tracking those associated costs with the end result being improvement in efficiency, effectiveness and cost savings for the Places organization.
This role will report to the Financial Analyst of Global Places and be part of our Global People & Places Organization. This role will be based in San Francisco.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Middleman between Finance and Facility Operations teams to articulate business requirements in sufficient detail such that a technical solution can be designed and engineered.
- Performing analysis to support facilities operation-level decisions including budgets, capital plans, and contract management.
- Collaborate with colleagues to manage and develop a global Operating Expense Tracking System for Find.Build.Run. Managers
- Analysis breakdown of regional budgets to set financial parameters for multiple teams
- Review property budgets, monthly/quarterly financial and operational performance, annual capital plans and the like.
- Cleanse and analyze large sets of financial data on real estate operational performance to use for forecasting budgets globally.
- Compare internal data to benchmarks to identify saving opportunities
- Independently develop, execute and monitor complex data management / analytic processes to support ad hoc data and information delivery for assigned projects.
- Engages with colleagues and internal customers to reverse engineer existing business processes and identify core business requirements for new information deliverables and data infrastructure.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to optimize the performance and efficiency of existing processes/procedures.
- Monitors data / information management processes to ensure data quality and consistency in support of business initiatives.
- Consults with the business to develop documentation and communication materials to ensure accurate usage and interpretation of data.
- Expert in Excel and Google sheets functionality, including Vlookup, IFTHEN, Pivot Tables, etc… and able to “slice and dice” large amounts of data with accuracy and efficiency
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 2-3 years of financial analysis exposure within a facilities management capacity
- Has thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
- Has ability to independently gather, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
- Experience with complex financial modeling, including cash flow models, sensitivity tables and other financial analysis required to evaluate real estate opportunities.
- Strong financial, analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Proficient in data management.
- Exceptional detail and organization skills.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top