Uber, headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, is a game-changing technology company in its startup phase. We aim to alter the transportation space by allowing users to obtain on-demand private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go.
Our Travel and Expenses team is looking to add a hands-on, details-oriented Expense Manager to our rapidly growing finance operations team in San Francisco. We are looking for someone who can design and implement the Business Expenses program. You will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams like HR, Accounting, Tax, Legal and Uber’s external vendors. You will report directly to the Global Head of Travel and Expenses.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, implement, review and maintain the Expense program.
- Assist with Expense program implementation and optimization.
- Develop & implement workflows & processes to ensure timely & accurate processing and compliance.
- Develop & ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Implement the Receipts management program and controls
- Design and review the upstreams and downstreams processes such as but not limited to accounting extract, HR, credit card
- Design and review the policy and control reports requirements
- Design the New joiners and leavers process
- Design, implement and conduct audit process for Expenses.
- Ensure SLA’s metrics are met & well managed with stakeholders.
- Work closely with other functions (e.g. Accounting team, Driver Operations, Procurement, Business) to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree [Accounting Preferred]
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Operations teams, preferably in a global shared services environment
- Expense program implementation is a must
- Expensify, Concur knowledge – configuration decisions
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of International statutory compliance requirements
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Language: fluent speaker/writer in English.
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are given free rides
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage with
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top