Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role:
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality & execution, and we are in search of an executive recruiter with the same critical eye and bias for action. Our executive search team must have a pulse on the biggest needs of the business, maintain quality of all of our searches, and hire the elite leadership in all areas of Uber.
We're looking for a strong recruiter who has hired key leaders and partners successfully with executive leadership to execute on aggressive hiring plans. The successful candidate will have the poise, presence, and experience required to interface with executives as both clients and candidates.
What you'll do:
- Partner directly with Uber's global leadership team to build and scale their teams
- Source and hire executives across various functions of the organization to continue to build our fast paced, high-growth environment
- Develop your hiring strategy and work closely with hiring teams to meet your hiring goals and targets
- Constantly improve recruiting processes and develop innovative ideas around finding top talent
- Be passionate about Uber and why people should work here
- Spread UberLOVE through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
- Candidate obsession! Manage your pipeline of candidates and identify what future opportunities they may be a fit for
What You'll Need:
- A curious mind - you're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve how we do things
- An obsession for the candidate experience - you are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You're respectful of the candidate and how stressful a job hunt can be -- you never leave a candidate hanging!
- Ownership - you'll have superior organizational skills, integrity and always follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily... thousands of Uber applicants each month? No prob!
- Fun - You're a people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated - you understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A team player - you're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Successful experience recruiting in a fast paced environment
- History of collaborating successfully with senior managers and business leaders
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in recruiting with a minimum of 3 years focusing on sourcing, recruiting and closing Director level and above candidates
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart recruiting partnerships happen
- Metrics oriented. You understand and value backing up recruiting goals and projections with existing data (while never compromising the quality of the candidate experience)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top