Our administrative partners are the glue that keeps our functional teams together and the driving strength that keeps Uber moving forward. As we continue to grow our global presence, we are looking for whip-smart and efficient Senior Administrative Assistants to support our courageous senior leaders.
Are you an administrative mastermind with a knack for anticipating needs and the magical ability to resolve issues before they are even issues? Are you savvy enough to wear many hats and collected enough to stay cool under pressure? If so, see the day-to-day functions below and apply!
What you'll do
- Act as gatekeeper and manager of a complex and often-changing calendar.
- Plan and coordinate external and internal meetings including vendor meetings, all-hands team meetings, and offsites.
- End to end travel coordination including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, safety logistics and visas and other travel documentation
- Receive and direct external visitors
- Track team budget including coordination with FP&A. Assist team with budgets, invoices, and resolving any AP or AR issues. Compile receipts to file expense reports and track reimbursement status
- Maintains an efficient flow of information between all levels including internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of plans and priorities
- Be a team player and provide coverage for other Sr administrative assistants and EA's
- Team expert and go to person for general requests and questions and keeper of all team resources. Assist managers with team building and culture and serve as the champion of team morale
- Under manager's guidance, communicate on their behalf by email, text, or chat Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as consistency
- May attend staff meetings, take notes and follow-up on outstanding agenda items
- Maintains and tracks manager and teams project list and goals.
- Assist in document management, compilation, distribution and storage
- Sounding board, confidant and conduit to keep the executive well informed and help facilitate her/his decision making
- Identify issues for escalation and keep in constant communication with others to ensure exec is well informed.
- Initiate administrative processes for efficiency and draft team playbooks and procedures
- Partner with Facilities, IT and Security to resolve any logistical issues and assist in every way possible to ensure tasks are completed
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of new hires
- Available and responsive to the global nature of the business
What we're looking for
- BA / BS degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of senior team-level support experience
- Attention to detail; being right the first time matters a lot to us!
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Extraordinary organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- Hustle; the company depends on us to deliver quickly, across time zones, in multiple languages, and from locations all over the world. We need somebody not to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up
- Good attitude; we work awfully hard, and we're having a blast doing it!
- An interest in, and passion for, Uber
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top