We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Our Executive Assistants are the gatekeepers that help our leaders focus on moving their business forward and the glue that keep our teams together. As we continue to grow our global presence, we are looking for a whip-smart and efficient Executive Assistant partner with our Rides and Eats Subregional GMs.
Are you an administrative mastermind with a knack for anticipating needs and the magical ability to resolve issues before they are even issues? Are you comfortable wearing many hats and always cool under pressure? If so, see the day-to-day responsibilities below and apply!
- Scheduling + calendar gatekeeping
- Reconciling monthly expenses
- Booking travel
- Assists with scheduling intro/onboarding meetings for newly hired Subregional leadership
- Handling all logistics for Subregional Team Summits, including mini summits for other under the Subregional Execs including; planning, hotel blocks, dinner reservations, swag, day of needs, etc.
- POC for office related questions directed toward your execs
- POC for high level summits happening in your local office. If summit is for a team that falls under your exec, assists with
- Assisting with onboarding new team members on their first day (specific duties varies by office)
- POC for Executive (ELT) visitors
- I-9 verification (via Workday) for all new hires who fall under execs org within your local office
- Works with receptionist/facilities lead/food staff to order food large meetings or summits held in your office. May also need to meet food delivery and set up food in room depending on the office set up.
- Works with execs to order any type of gifts needed for office staff (ex. holiday gifts for office porters, major milestone gifts, etc.)
- Depending on office staff (facilities lead, receptionist etc. in your office) may tag-team greeting guests/vendors when needed
- Sends emails to office regarding any non-facilities related company updates or updates coming from exec. (Ex. Fun and morale budget, office closing, travel and expense update, event logistics, office etiquette etc.)
- May assists with conference room issues (on the back end)
- Handle logistics of guest speakers visits
- Team and Office-wide staff events including: Holiday parties, Wellness Week, happy hours, take-your-kid-to-work-day, annual staff retreats, smaller team events, dinners, etc.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of senior team level support experience
- Attention to Detail. Being right the first time matters a lot to us
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Work well in a rapidly changing environment
- Extraordinary organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- Hustle. The company depends on us to deliver quickly, across time zones, in multiple languages, and from locations all over the world. We need somebody not to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up
- Attitude. We work awfully hard and we're having fun doing it. This team believes what we're doing is changing the world for the better, and we play to win
- An interest in and passion for Uber
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top