Events Program Manager - Uber For Business
Uber for Business builds products to make Uber the default choice for their business transportation needs at the employee, company, and customer level. Our Enterprise customers are an important audience for all of our products from our business platform that allows companies to adopt Uber organization-wide to in-app, to UberCENTRAL that enables businesses to provide rides for their customers, and UberEVENTS that enables businesses to provide transportation to individuals for things like conferences, and recruiting.
As our Events Program Manager, you will lead program management across our growing events program, which includes everything from large industry conferences, to roadshows, and roundtable dinners with strategic partners. You will manage the overall event schedule, project plan, and logistic coordination for all of our events to ensure effective execution.
As the Events Program Management Lead, you will collaborate extensively with product marketing, sales, and product management to ensure seamless coordination and execution of an awesome suite of events. You will not only be adept at building cross-functional and external relationships, but will also be skilled in working with senior leaders and executives across Uber.
Your performance will be measured by the impact of the events you run, and your ability to work closely with and enhance the productivity of a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Product, Design, Engineering, Business Development, Sales, and Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of enterprise event management experience in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing large budgets and organizing conferences with more than 2500 attendees.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, including managing multiple cross functional internal stakeholders, partners, and events vendors.
- A “driver” personality: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- You’ll be able to travel to Uber’s most interesting international cities.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top