Event Operations Manager
As the Event Operations Manager you’ll be the on-site operational powerhouse supporting all event logistics and operations across SoCal. Using your proven operational, analytical and strategic thinking skills you will see around corners and solve problems before they arise. You’re a true hustler who does whatever it takes to get the job done and is quick on their feet to provide real time solutions at venues (e.g. sports stadium and concert venues) and events (e.g. music festivals or the Oscars).
The right person for this role has an obsession with not only digging into the data, but managing our on-site operations at both venues and events. This person will manage a number of on-site leads across SoCal, and must possess strong communication skills that help translate analysis into actionable insights in on the ground logistics. You will offer a hands on experiential marketing perspective that raises the bar for both the rider and driver customer experience.
The right person is hungry to learn, yet doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty on the ground at events. Bottom line, you know how to turn ideas into real-world logistical solutions that move the business forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the plan of attack before the deal is inked so we can hit the ground running on partnership and event execution
- Work with business partners (often on-site at their locations) to launch and refine on-the-ground operations
- Manage on-site personnel and ensure accountability
- Support partnership deals through research and data-driven findings
- Be the liaison between product, design, legal and engineering teams to communicate product enhancements needed to execute partnerships and events
- Track metrics and make data-driven decisions to improve partnerships and the operations supporting them
- Crisis management – identify field issues and develop solutions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 – 3 years in operations, consulting, or data analytics, ideally at a high growth startup
- Proven operational and strategic thinking skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to develop creative and resourceful solutions
- Naturally curious with an appetite to work in a highly creative and innovative environment.
- Strong communicator with ability to proactively guide strategy and implementation.
- Experience with large-scale events a plus
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top