ERG Program Manager, Diversity & Inclusion
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Employee Resource Groups' (ERG) Program Manager, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) will advance Uber's D&I strategy by managing the company's ERGs. This individual will primarily be responsible for further developing and supporting the ERGs, including creating and executing strategies, directing ERG leadership, advising ERG Leads/Board, and ensuring the ERGs produce visible business impact. This individual may also support other areas of D&I execution, as needed, to further evolve Uber's commitment to D&I.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop, implement and periodically revisit ERG strategy to deliver more streamlined operations, effective employee engagement and increase business impact.
- Provide effective guidance and oversight to ERGs and their leadership boards, ensuring alignment and integration of ERG strategic plans, budgets and programming with the goals of the overall Diversity & Inclusion team.
- Manage other key ERG platform components, including:
- Leader selection, appointments, and on-boarding/training
- Planning and execution of the annual ERG Summit and regional summits
- Developing ERG performance metrics and dashboard
- Leveraging data analytics, where available, to identify opportunities and provide recommendations
- Coordinating with the larger D&I team to facilitate the ERG budgeting process
- Tracking ERG spend
- Partner with Internal Communications to develop ERG communications strategy, guidelines and templates; oversee strategy and work directly with applicable ERG leadership to ensure consistent execution.
- Collaborate with ERG leadership, the D&I team, executive sponsors and other parts of the business to
- Develop new opportunities to drive business outcomes
- Execute strategies for retention, engagement and promotion of diverse talent
- Serve as ERG ambassador to the company and other key stakeholders promoting the ERG value proposition to better engage with current and future employees.
- Act as a project manager for other key projects that support Uber's D&I goals and objectives.
What You'll Need
- Typically has 5+ years of diversity and inclusion experience with demonstrated business results working with employee networks
- Bachelor's degree (B. A./B. S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
- Ability to work across different levels and functions to build relationships with key stakeholders and champions
- Forward-thinking, detailed-oriented and personable
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills to handle complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure, with proven time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment and organize complex information
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity with a focus on intersectionality: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique
About The Team
Uber's Global Diversity & Inclusion team is passionate about ensuring that we are prioritizing the vast array of differences that drive our innovation and expanding a culture of inclusion that helps to celebrate those differences.
Back to top