Enterprise Account Executive, Uber Freight - Chicago
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job:
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
Our Enterprise Account Executive will own the growth and development of key strategic accounts, contributing directly to the top line growth of Uber Freight to expand and manage our shipper partners. The ideal candidate is motivated by building and shaping the future, experienced managing large accounts, a proven operator, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, is always driving small improvements in process, hustles, and loves making something from nothing.
What you'll do:
- Solicit and bring new shippers and transportation partners onto the platform
- Work with customers to continually seek new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Actively manage the success of key strategic partner accounts
- Obsess over the service needs of our customers
- Be able to speak to core operational and growth metrics with the management team
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Excitement about solving complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of shippers, transportation partners and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly and do them well
- Bachelor's degree
- Logistics industry experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top