Engineering Operations Manager - Indonesia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What you'll do
- Create deep connections with Operations teams around the world to make sure your team keeps the pulse on the most pressing needs of the business
- Be the voice of Operations in the cross-functional strategy discussions. You'll be aligned to the Driver Experience leaders from Product Management, Design, Engineering and Data Science
- Have alignment with other Product Ops Managers in core Driver teams like Vehicle Solutions, Driver Growth, and Marketplace. The local insights your team is surfacing will help shape roadmaps across the company
- Encourage standardization with systems, templates and best practices
- Beyond strategy discussions and people management, you will be responsible for catalyzing several large initiatives that are beyond the goals of any single product team and beyond the scope of Driver Experience.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science
- At least 4 years excelling in a Product and/or Ops role at a consumer technology company
- At least 4 years of experience managing teams
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to implementation/speed
- Exceptional communication skills - Experience with polished written, verbal, visual, and presentation communication
- Experience working with Product teams - You have successfully worked with Product Managers, engineers, and designers
- Experience working on global initiatives
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top