Engineering Manager - Workflow Service (Seattle)
Drive Uber forward! Here in the Seattle office, we are building a team focused on improving the effectiveness of every engineer in the company by delivering a world-class workflow service – a solution for how to build and run transactional, asynchronous, long-running business logic in a scalable and resilient way. It consists of a programming framework (in Java & Go) and a managed service. If you are passionate about building simple, scalable, powerful, and reusable software services that are used by other software teams at Uber, if you are not easily intimidated by huge scale, come talk to us!
Uber is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead that team. You will scale and manage a world-class team of engineers, enabling them to do what they do best as “the engineers for the engineers” in one of the industry’s leading emerging languages, Go. You will help create APIs, frameworks and libraries. You will drive redefining best practice around software development via asynchronous workflows. You’ll provide technical guidance as you grow our engineering team. You and your engineers will be vital to sustaining Uber’s rapid growth and the scalability and robustness of Uber’s backend tech stack.
- Design, Develop and deliver distributed engineering services and platforms
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Work with Open Source community to co-ordinate contributions to the product and help define the roadmap
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Experience with SOA infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with Simple Workflow (Amazon SWF) service is a plus.
- Experience with a broad variety of software stacks and methodologies
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Go, Java, or C# development experience
- Prior experience in building large distributed systems and rolling them out to a larger audience
- Team player, communicative, enjoy to work with peers
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Private medical insurance, gym reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top