Engineering Manager, UberEverything (NYC)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
UberEverything will collapse the time and distance between everyone and everything they want. Right now, we're focusing on UberRUSH (quickly moving everything around the world). As the team grows, we will be creating the next generation of Uber's logistics platform. Define Uber's future by building it with us!
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a skilled and growing team of engineers responsible for the next generation of reliability and scalability of Marketplaces at Uber. You are deeply technically skilled in all areas of backend or mobile engineering and have great communication skills, a focused and empathetic approach to leadership, and a bold and action-biased attitude toward hard engineering problems.
What you'll need
- Five years experience developing software as an engineer.
- Two years experience managing engineering teams
- Significant experience building and operating critical high-scale systems.
- Great management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and honest feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results.
- Expertise and interest in growing teams: interviewing junior and senior engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- Good software engineering methodology: meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
- Exceptional technical skills in backend or mobile engineering: Uber managers can lead from the front when the situation calls for it.
Employees are given Uber credits every month.Beautiful new office in ChelseaDelicious catered lunchesThe rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.Smart, engaged co-workers.Unlimited vacation policy so you can we work hard but value a healthy balance and ensure all our team member's needs are met
Competitive salaryEquity compensation plan401(k)Generous medical, dental and vision coverage to fit your needsGym reimbursement
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top