Engineering Manager- Risk and Safety Platform (Palo Alto)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Finance Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by action and productivity. We’re looking for a excellent technical leader who can help identify the key open challenges, create a viable road-map and lead a team of world class software engineers to execute on solutions. You should be excited about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities – varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size – with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
As a member of the Fraud engineering management team, you’ll be instrumental in hiring and mentoring the engineers who are working to and help zero in on fraudulent activity before it happens and make a significant impact on the company’s bottom line.
What you’ll need
- Engineering excellence. At least 5 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you’ve built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol, TCP/IP, Linux, CPU architecture, etc.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way – and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Excellent teaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Commitment. You care tremendously about keeping the Uber experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to riders. You hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope.
- Hiring know-how. You’re a thoughtful interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Design and business vision. You help your team understand requirements and you thrive in an environment where you can uncover subtle details. Even in the absence of a PM or a designer, you show great attention to the design and product aspect of anything your team ships.
- Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top