Engineering Manager - Product Engineering (multiple openings)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by action and productivity. We're looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be excited about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities - varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size - with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
As a leader of the product engineering management team, you'll be instrumental in hiring and mentoring the engineers who work on new product features and experiences for our riders and drivers.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll need
- At least 3 years experience managing and at least 5 years experience as an individual technical contributor within mobile, web, data platform or distributed backend systems.
- Excellent educational background in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Machine Learning.
- Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing team.
- Management at Uber is management as a service. As such, managers are judged based on their ability to identify opportunities and lead/grow engineers through efficient execution. You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite prioritization skills.
- Biased toward action. You must be able be able to do more with less and turn would be blockers into opportunities for growth.
- Excellent execution, organization and ability to collaborate. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset. You're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Principled yet pragmatic. A qualified candidate will have conviction and be authentic in their approach, but situationally aware enough to adapt when needed.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top