Engineering Manager - Product Engineering, multiple openings
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
As a leader of the product engineering management team, you’ll be instrumental in hiring and mentoring the engineers who work on new product features and experiences for our riders and drivers.
- 3+ years experience managing and at least 5+ years experience as an individual technical contributor within mobile, web, data platform or distributed backend systems.
- Strong educational background in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Machine Learning.
- Prior management and team-building experience. You’ll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a team of experts.
- Management at Uber is management as a service. As such, managers are judged based on their ability to identify opportunities and lead/grow engineers through efficient execution. You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite prioritization skills.
- Biased toward action. You must be able be able to do more with less and turn would be blockers into opportunities for growth.
- Strong execution, organization and ability to collaborate. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset. You’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Principled yet pragmatic. A qualified candidate will have conviction and be authentic in their approach but situationally aware enough to adapt when required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Unlimited vacation policy so you can work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered lunch and dinner.
- The rare opportunity to work on an emerging product within a hyper-growth, world defining company.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Back to top