Engineering Manager - Payments (Amsterdam)
Uber’s Payments team is based in Amsterdam, at the heart of our international engineering efforts. As a leader on the team, you will oversee a cross-functional group within our engineering organization – focusing on leveraging payments as a growth product. You will work with our engineers on the ground along with product on building roadmaps, focusing on execution, as well as attracting and mentoring talent. You will stay technical, leading engineers across the stack to bring an end-to-end solution to life – digging into the complex but rewarding world of money, and working to enhance the platform with third-party payment integrations.
What we’re looking for…
- Order from ambiguity. Priorities change and there are more areas of opportunity than you can tackle at once. You should be able to confidently and swiftly take asks, figure out their priority and creatively find ways to make magic happen.
- Engineering excellence. You have at least 5 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you have built insanely scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems or large mobile / web apps. You are able to provide quality documentation, for both internal and external consumption.
- Vision. You compliment product and design leadership with finding the right solution to the problems facing Uber and our partners.
- Leadership. Your team will want to follow you into battle. Empathy and empowerment are core principles in your war chest.
- Team Builder. You are a strong interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Confident. You make quick, data-driven decisions and let the facts speak for themselves.
- Deliver results. You have a bias towards action. Impacting the bottom line at lightning speed.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Breakfast and lunch onsite.
- Work in the very center of Amsterdam!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top