Engineering Manager - Payments (Amsterdam)
Uber is looking for a Manager to lead Payments Engineering. As a leader of the team, you will oversee and help grow cross-functional groups within our engineering organization.
The Payments team is focused on building best-in-class features and products for our users. You will influence and guide all phases of the product lifecycle: whether it's building new services, mobile features, or improving the platform. You will lead engineers across the stack, and work closely with the Finance team to bring an end-to-end solution to life -- digging into the complex but rewarding world of money, and working to enhance the platform with third-party payment integrations.
You are passionate about growing cross-functional teams and making a global impact towards building new services and mobile features on our platform.
What we're looking for…
- Order from ambiguity. You should be able to confidently and swiftly take asks, figure out their priority and creatively find ways to make magic happen.
- Engineering excellence. You have at least 5 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you have built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems or large mobile / web apps. You are able to provide quality documentation, for both internal and external consumption.
- Vision. You compliment product and design leadership with finding the right solution to the challenges facing Uber and our partners.
- Leadership. Your team is inspired by you. Empathy and empowerment are core principles of your character.
- Team Builder. You are a strong interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Confidence. You make quick decisions always taking into account data.
- Deliver results. You have a bias towards action. Impacting the bottom line at lightning speed.
Breakfast and lunch onsite.
Work in the very centre of Amsterdam!
Do you want to know what it is like to work at Uber?
Visit our Engineering website here
View this video to hear from our engineers what it's like to work at Uber
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top