Engineering Manager - Payments
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's Payments team is based in Amsterdam, at the heart of our international engineering efforts. As a leader on the team, you will oversee a cross-functional group within our engineering organization. You will work with our engineers on the ground along with product on creating roadmaps, with an emphasis on execution, as well as attracting and mentoring talent. You will stay technical, leading engineers across the stack to bring an end-to-end solution to life - digging into the complex but rewarding world of money.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll need
- Order from ambiguity. Priorities change and there are more areas of opportunity than you can address at once. You should be able to surely and swiftly take asks, figure out their priority and creatively find ways to make magic happen.
- Engineering excellence. You have at least 5 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you have built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems or large mobile / web apps. You are able to provide quality documentation, for both internal and external consumption.
- Vision. You complement product and design leadership with finding the right solution to the problems facing Uber and our partners.
- Leadership. Your team will want to follow you because you've earned their respect. Empathy and empowerment are your core principles.
- Team Builder. You are a thoughtful interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Deliver results. You have a bias towards action.
Back to top