Engineering Manager - Mobile Platform and Tooling (Amsterdam)
Uber Engineering is growing quickly across the globe as we look to tackle some exciting opportunities at scale and in challenging regions around the world. As we grow our engineering team, we are looking to ensure that our engineers can continue to deliver software consistently, reliably with confidence and minimal friction. To support these ambitions we are looking for technical engineering manager with a passion for mobile, automation and quality.
You will be passionate about technology and still have up to date knowledge within the technical and mobile domain. You will understand what makes teams and individuals tick and how to bring the best out them. We want you to help us lead and grow teams that will build the next generation of mobile tooling and infrastructure required to support thousands of engineers and deliver our mobile applications to millions of users around the globe. You will play a key role within our Amsterdam office or San Francisco office, leading the way to help Uber push its mobile engineering build, tooling and automation practices to the next level.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar domain
- Solid fundamentals in software engineering concepts such as build systems, testing and automation in the continuous delivery space
- At least 6 years of experience working in the mobile applications ecosystem with in-depth understanding and direct experience in mobile technologies and platforms.
- At least 4 years of management experience building and leading engineering teams
- Good understanding of processes and practices related to continuous improvement and building autonomous, highly productive teams
- Able to collaborate and communicate on a global scale with other teams and leaders to help determine gaps in our tooling and infrastructure and help drive solutions
- Experience in the continuous delivery space
- A track record of delivering change into engineering organisations
- Breakfast and lunch onsite.
- Work in the very center of Amsterdam!
- Free Uber rides
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top