Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
Uber is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a team within our Core Infrastructure group. As a manager within Infrastructure you will have a significant impact on the evolution of Uber’s backend teams and architecture. Our mission is to make transportation as reliable as running water, and we need people who are excited to build the rock-solid foundation that supports that vision.
Uber Infrastructure is comprised of several key areas:
- Compute: Job scheduling and containerization; Docker, Mesos, Aurora.
- Storage: Globally replicated data stores; MySQL, Cassandra.
- Networking: Software-defined traffic control and RPC frameworks; Golang, Zookeeper, gRPC.
- Data: Analytics, fraud detection, and business metric aggregation; Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Samza.
- Performance: Distributed systems, tracing, profiling, system performance; Golang, Java, C++
If you have a strong preference for a particular area please note that in your application. We also encourage generalists to apply.
An ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, deep technical ability, and a track record for successful execution. If you enjoy discussing anything from kernels to datacenters and you measure the success of your projects in “nines,” then we want you on the team.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a talented infrastructure leader.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Management experience running backend infrastructure team(s) at scale.
- Hands-on software development experience. Code shouldn’t scare you.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead, inspire, and grow strong engineering teams.
- Experience planning projects, and the wisdom to know when to shift priorities amid a rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to assess new technologies and make pragmatic choices that help guide us towards a long-term vision.
- Fearless approach to problem-solving and striving for the best solution.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top