Engineering Manager - Go Ecosystem (Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Drive Uber forward! Here in the Seattle office, we are building a team focused on improving the effectiveness of every engineer in the company by delivering a world-class Developer Platform that allows our developers to build higher-quality features with less effort. If you are passionate about building simple, scalable, powerful, and reusable software services that are used by other software teams at Uber, come talk to us!
Uber is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Developer Experience team to scale and manage those who build amazing tools for Uber's Engineering org. You will enable a world-class team of developers to do what they do best as "the engineers for the engineers." You will help create services, APIs/frameworks, libraries, onboard new engineers, provide technical guidance and grow our engineering team. You and your engineers will be vital to sustain Uber's rapid growth.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll need
- Your leadership is not only important to your team, but to all of Uber's engineers.
- You're a people manager and leader who can build a gifted and diverse team while maintaining a healthy, positive work environment.
- You enjoy building tools and environments that empower engineers to do great work.
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools and resources.
- You don't compromise on quality. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality assurance.
- You're always researching ways to educate the engineering org in new methods and techniques. You recognize and develop talent, and you have the ability to optimize the engineering org for efficiency and productivity.
- You value skill development. You're a great mentor and teacher that exhibits patience and thoughtfulness.
- Experience with building and owning/operating scalable services and platforms
- Previous experience in a development management position
- Working knowledge of at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Java, Python, Go
- Proficiency in Linux
- Full stack infrastructure knowledge from front-end to backend
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Flexible work schedules.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top