Engineering Manager - Go Ecosystem (Seattle)
Drive Uber Gophers forward! Here in the Seattle office, we are building a team focused on improving the effectiveness of every engineer in the company by delivering a world-class Go Ecosystem that allows our developers to build higher-quality features with less effort. In every area of the company, engineers are building infrastructure, services, and scalable distributed systems in Go. If you are passionate about building simple, scalable, powerful, and reusable systems that are used by other software teams at Uber, we want you.
Uber is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Go Ecosystem team. You will scale and manage a world-class team of engineers, enabling them to do what they do best as “the engineers for the engineers” in one of the industry’s leading emerging languages, Go. You will help create APIs, frameworks, libraries, and new engineer training. You’ll provide technical guidance as you grow our engineering team. You and your engineers will be vital to sustaining Uber’s rapid growth and the scalability and robustness of Uber’s backend tech stack.
Your leadership is not only important to your team, but to all of Uber’s engineers.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- You’re a people manager and leader who can build a talented and diverse team while maintaining a healthy, positive work environment.
- You are not afraid of big bold bets and thrive on driving industry-changing solutions.
- You enjoy building tools and environments that empower engineers to do great work.
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools and resources.
- You’re a quality czar. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality code.
- You’re always researching ways to educate your engineering org in new methods and techniques. You recognize and develop talent, and you have the ability to optimize the engineering org for efficiency and productivity.
- You value skill development. You’re a great mentor and teacher that exhibits patience and thoughtfulness.
- 5+ years of experience in managing fast-growing teams
- Experience building and owning/operating scalable frameworks and platforms
- Working knowledge of at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Go, Java, Python, C#, C++
- Proficiency in Linux
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Private medical insurance, gym reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top