Engineering Manager - Forecasting
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
Forecasting is a budgeting and forecasting platform that provides Uber with hyper-reliable, long term trip forecasting and budgeting capabilities. The team combines financial analytics & modeling with a flexible, extensible isomorphic frontend, resulting in a scalable and cutting edge solution that drastically reduces the traditional budgeting and forecasting cycle. We build models, optimize them, and present them to our end users through elegant data visualization. Our user interfaces contain sophisticated dashboard building functionality and workflows to simplify business operations.
As an engineering manager, you’ll be instrumental in hiring and mentoring engineers who work on large scale systems, real-time data ingestion and processing architecture, forecasting and financial planning that will optimize Uber’s business to make real-time operational and financial decisions.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Engineering excellence in front-end, back-end or full-stack teams. You have at least 7 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you’ve built insanely scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. Platform and product expertise are both welcome.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Superior teaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Commitment. Cities never sleep, and neither does Uber. You care tremendously about keeping the Uber experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to riders. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope.
- Hiring prowess. You’re a strong interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Design and business vision. You help your team understand requirements beyond the written word. Even in the absence of a PM or a designer, you show great attention to the design and product aspect of anything your team ships.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Monthly Uber credits
- Catered meals, snacks and refreshments
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- 401(k) plan, gym and cell phone reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs, active on day 1
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top