Engineering Manager - Developer Experience (Vilnius)
Drive Uber forward! Here in the Vilnius office, we are building a team focused on improving the effectiveness of every engineer in the company by delivering a world-class Developer Platform that allows our developers to build higher-quality features with less effort. If you are passionate about building simple, scalable, powerful, and reusable software services that are used by other software teams at Uber, come talk to us!
Uber is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Developer Experience team to scale and manage those who build awesome tools for Uber’s Engineering org. You will enable a world-class team of developers to do what they do best as “the engineers for the engineers.” You will help create services, APIs/frameworks, libraries, onboard new engineers, provide technical guidance and grow our engineering team. You and your engineers will be vital to sustain Uber’s rapid growth.
Your leadership is not only important to your team, but to all of Uber’s engineers.
- You’re a people manager and leader who can build a talented and diverse team while maintaining a healthy, positive work environment.
- You enjoy building tools and environments that empower engineers to do great work.
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools and resources.
- You’re always researching ways to educate the engineering org in new methods and techniques. You recognize and develop talent, and you have the ability to optimize the engineering org for efficiency and productivity.
- You value skill development. You’re a great mentor and teacher that exhibits patience and thoughtfulness.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Experience with building and owning/operating scalable services and platforms
- Previous experience in a development management position
- Working knowledge of at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Java, Python, Go
- Proficiency in Linux
- Full stack infrastructure knowledge from front-end to back-end
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top