Employee Relations Specialist
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. We are in need of an Employee Relations Specialist to join our Employee Relations practice within the People Operations Organization. This role will be an individual contributor working globally across Uber based in our San Francisco HQ. The right person will thrive in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people and employment related and can pivot quickly.
- Partnering with and guiding business leaders to resolve a range of ER matters.
- Develops and maintains employee relations tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Directly handling a caseload of ER matters and investigations.
- Create and design materials, presentations, trainings and dashboards
- Advise and influence all levels of management around complex employee relations decisions, e.g.: performance management, business conduct, terminations, restructuring, and HR policies, guidelines and practices.
- Evaluate and review employment decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Conduct HR investigations and organizational assessments – develop and implement appropriate remediations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of increasingly complex HR experience; preferably in a high growth tech environment.
- Experience managing employee relations issues and advising corporate clients around employment practices.
- Experience improving and designing HR related processes.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with international HR practices and policies
- Strong problem solving abilities and tenacity to build solutions from scratch.
- Flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top